Pages

Thursday 21 May 2015

lonicera x tellmanniana

It's shaping up to be a good summer, I planted this back in June 2013.

later that year It only grew one flower it was beautiful

I never noticed what was behind the flower head it has a complete circular leaf formed around its stem, I have never seen honeysuckle like this before this year it is covered in buds. later in the year it is going to be stunning, I  need to get some more trellis to help support it.
Originally it was at the front of the house planted on the end of a hedge which stopped at the front corner on our carport that we had     ( now long gone ) It just never grew well at all and never flowered.

The hedge was taking all the nutrients from the soil. When I took down the carport and removed the hedge, I dug out the what was left of sorry looking honeysuckle I planted its remains into a large pot,  threw it down the far end of the garden while I built the new fence and completely forgot it till the following spring. 

I then planted it where it now, it's now catching the early morning sun till early afternoon this is the results, bought from a supermarket for a £1  bargain. I am so glad it has survived. 

No comments:

Post a Comment